Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 13: Thursday 5/14

I really like Thursdays. On the day of Thor, Old Town in Rock Hill has their farmer's market. They also let amateur crafters like me set up a table and try to sell my soul (er..ah, wares). I'm not a great craftsman, but I enjoy sewing, making things that make others smile, and picking out pretty colors.

So every Thursday at 5, I drag all my things out to the market, laboriously set them up, sit in the hot sun, talk with strangers (which most know I'm terrible at) and smile pretty while my life's work is evaluated by random passers-by. And if I'm lucky, I'll make a sale, maybe five bucks or so.

And why you ask?

Because it's fun. I love the community of the market, seeing old friends, waiting around all that time just to hear one tiny little compliment that validates my existence as a quasi-artist. and, because I get to make things like this: 

Angry Birds Cape

Everyone says I should turn this into a dress

Fruity Apron

My best seller, the Superman Cape




No comments:

Post a Comment