Saturday, June 9, 2012

Days 6 and 7 : My addiction


I am happy to report that I have been meeting nearly all my goals the last two days. 

That being said, I felt compelled to confess to you something that has been weighing on my heart heavily for a while now. As some of you may know, I suffer from a somewhat serious addiction. I don't like to talk about it too much in public, it's kind of embarrassing. And although there have been several interventions by close friends, and Jon has been very supportive through the entire ordeal. However the powers of sin are so strong that most times the addiction wins the battle of wills. 

Yes, yes, I know the health benefits giving it up, I've seen them first hand. But hard as I try, the endorphins released seem to far outweigh any benefit of living without my sweet, beloved, tasty, smooth, incredible.....MILK. For over three years now I've been affected by the horrible curse on humanity that is lactose intolerance. And now....*snifffle* now...I hope to have the courage to beat it.

So friends, I ask for your collective help, that your strong will and prayers will bind with my own weaker will, and together, we can try to lick this ice cream!  uh....I meant addiction. Initially I'm trying to go without dairy products for 3 weeks. 

So far, Days without Dairy : 1

No comments:

Post a Comment