Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Days 16-19 :   Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

So far I'm not doing so well at doing this daily, but here's an update on my goals anyway:

Chores: I barely squeaked by getting all my chores done for the fortnight. A new chore chart is up and I've started in on it. Can I say how depressing it is to have the kitchen amazingly clean for a dinner with friends, have a great dinner party, then walk back to the kitchen at the end of the night and see another mountain to do? And then you clean it the next day, only to make an involved dinner again and have the same problem...Eh...This is why those who can afford it eat out all the time, just so they can look at a clean kitchen for more than one day. 

Working out: I'm finding that the house is just too distracting for working out. Yes I have me little videos, and plenty of side walks around, even my own free weights. But it just seems like I can't get my feet of the ground here. So as had as it is going to be for me to part with perfectly good money, I think I'm going to try a gym membership. That way I can get in the car and go away from all the distractions of here. Also, I might feel so guilty about spending the money that I go every day just to make sure I get my money's worth. 
Anyone know what the cheapest gym in Rock hill is?

Bible Reading: Sadly, this is the area I've done the worst in. I need to develop a better morning routine so that there's not question where this fits into my life. 

Dairy Free: This really stings. I've been doing good about making conscious decisions here. I've changed my regular menu planning, kept it out of the house, even starting to eat cheeseless sandwiches, which is a pretty big deal for me. But the enemy keeps sneaking up in little ways. The cream cheese in my sushi. The ranch dressing with my wings. The milk-infused batter with my Fried Green Tomatoes. ugh...But as one encouraging roommate reminds me, I've made good progress, and the steps I've made so far are going to help much more than these little setbacks are going to hurt. 

Projects:  Everytime I bring something new home from the dollar store, or start collecting another recyclable and claim its for a "project," Jon gets a worried look on his face. Admittedly, I AM working on several projects at once, but I feel like I'm making slow progress on each of them daily. In fact, I just finished making my version of this one:
  
But I can't find the camera cord to show you how it turned out.

I ask for your continued prayer as I work on these things, and knowing that a couple of you actually read this thing helps keep me accountable. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment