Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Days 8-12 

I had planned on making this a daily blog, but under the circumstances of the last couple of days...I fail. So here's the low down:

Day 8: Was productive around the house, went to see the Scottish-Irish games in Clover and saw much more man-leg than I intended. But hey, what's wrong with a little kilt action? I also got to see some new friends get married...aww....And as far as my goals go, I didn't feel to shabby.

Day 9: Sunday - I didn't work out, do most of my regular daily activities, or clean anything, but I did start filling up my adventure meter. Heading out to Asheville to see my favorite post-brontosaurus folk artist Rebecca Loebe and spend some time with an old friend. On a bonus though, this was a dairy free day. :)

Day 10: Monday was spent with another old friend, listening to music and driving through the mountains. Although a cloud obstructed my view from the highest point east of the Mississippi (I had to sing a song in my head to make sure I spelled that right), it was still a very awesome trip and time spent. From there I headed to Winston-Salem for yet another reunion with someone I haven't seen in way too long. This day was sadly/gloriously not dairy free. Fail again.

Day 11: I have to admit, traveling alone, seeing old friends, experiencing different parts of of the country independently...It's all very fun an life-affirming. It makes me want to travel a lot this summer, just me, the Blur (my car) and vague ideas about where my destination should be. I walked around old Salem, spent time in the hippie shops of their art district, and ate a delicious sweet-potato-infused lunch while talking to a former Winthrop Basketball player turned waiter. As much walking as I did, I'll say that I definitely did my exercising and adventuring, and I was dairy free.

Day 12: for the sake of brevity, today I hope to be dairy free, get some cleaning done, work out a bit, and win a court case against the car dealership that should have told us what was really wrong with the Blur before we bought it. 

Days without dairy: 1 (sigh...)
Level of house cleanliness:  6 (out of 10)
Healthy eating :7 (out of 10)
Adventure/project meter: 10
Bible reading: 2  (not great)

No comments:

Post a Comment